Thursday, May 20, 2010

Political Perspective of Ego Accounting

Politics to me is the whole social act that is put up to acheive a hidden and overriding objective that dangles over social interactions.

I know not of a place where politics does not exist.

I wonder whether this is in-built in the human race or is that part of a pre-planned organic evolution. Over the past year, I have been keenly conscious and observant of political maneuvering of all people I have come across.

What a pity! I realised that Politics reigns everywhere.
It does not matter how rich one is or how poor one is.
It does not matter how powerful one is or how powerless one is.
It does not matter whether one is fortunate or unfortunate.
It does not matter. Politics reigns in all social interactions.
Even though not all forms of Politics are harmful to another human.

That impelled me to evaluate the possible cause of this all pervading human behaviour.

I realise that this stems primarily from the twin worries of the human race - insecurity and uncertainty.

With this background knowledge, I realise that social interactions are mainly viewed by the human brain as social transactions. These transactions have an associated debit and credit of the ego of the persons who are interacting. As long as a person's ego has a positive balance and the social interaction lead to a net increase of the balance, he/she has a momentary feeling of contentment. If the social interaction leads to a debit of one's net ego, it take the person's mind off balance and it soons enters a complicated and hitherto undecompositioned analysis pattern of data mining (including a complex matrix of integrations and differentiations) to arrive at a totally counter-intuitive predictive outcome, which guides and governs the response pattern that is aimed to bring back sustainable stability (or atleast to reinstate) the ego account, either instantly or in the foreseeable future. Interestingly, the ego account is quickly re-balanced, if the response pattern is effective in causing a net decrease in the counterparty's ego account.

This is the basis of Ego Accounting.

(the rest in another post)

1 comment:

Sujith Philipose said...

Shishya, I am proud of you my son. You have learnt the art of complicating a simple interaction. Well done! You have begun to think and write like me

Ithi ego balancing